ViaStrada strongly endorse the health, safety and overall wellbeing of our staff and also the people we work with. We do this in a number of ways:
- Development and regular review/updating of a company Health & Safety Policy & Manual. This covers topics such as designated personnel, staff induction/training, site visit & road inspection procedures, medical emergencies, safe workplace practices, incident reporting and dealing with large-scale emergencies.
- Regular discussions of health & safety issues as a standard item at each monthly staff meeting.
- Regular checks of the relative safety of workplace setups (eg ergonomics, electrical safety) both at the office and at home
- Preparation of health & safety plans for projects involving site visits. These consider aspects such as identified hazards on site, personal security, traffic risks, protection from weather, safety equipment to wear/use, and communication with other colleagues
- Ongoing training of our staff in temporary traffic management for the (largely inspection-based) tasks we are required to undertake on the road
- Ongoing training of staff in first aid treatment and maintenance of a well-stocked first aid kit
- We encourage the wellbeing of our staff by providing up to $1200 per annum each in allowances for bike maintenance/gear, medical/dental treatment/checkups, and fitness equipment and activities like running shoes, yoga classes, etc.
- We also encourage staff use of flexible working hours and working from home as required to work around other demands of personal and family life.
"ViaStrada is committed to the health and safety of all its employees, including sub-consultants and contractors. We strive to eliminate hazardous situations and practices that could lead to personal injury or occupational illness. It is our policy to fully subscribe to the objectives and requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, where management and employees work in an effective partnership to promote an accident-free workplace."
For more information about our H&S policy, contact John Lieswyn.