The purpose of presenting this remit was to make the profession aware of the upcoming Transfund publication Stops and Goes of Traffic Signals.
- Engage competent signal engineer for the peer review of new designs
- Road safety audit process is not sufficient
- Signal peer review is separate
- Engage suitably experienced specialists for the auditing of SCATS set-ups
- Suitably qualified engineers
- ask SNUG committee members for a list
- Commission audits of your existing traffic signals
- Engage competent signal engineer for the peer review of new designs (repeated for its importance)
The presentation is available online on this website.
2004 Traffic Management Workshop, Wellington