Axel Wilke attended the Velocity Conference in Paris in 2003. Reporting back to an audience at Christchurch City Council, he presented some of the major impressions from the conference.
- Expanding Professional Knowledge – A problem in both Europe and NZ
- Intermodality – Bike and Bus is a must
- Creating Uncertainty – Breaking people’s travel habits
- Subdivision Design – What we are building today is what we will traffic-calm in years to come
- Cycle Parking – A key to increasing modal share
- On-street or Off-street – Trend towards on-street
This presentation is available online on this website.
2003 presentation to Christchurch City Council