The scenario is a signalised staggered T intersection that is congested. The queue space between adjacent T intersections is filling up. There are also significant queues on the side streets.
- Use modelling software appropriate for the task
- Don’t use what you’ve got when it’s not appropriate
- Engage others when required
- Be aware of the limitations of different software packages
- Avoid a ‘black box’ approach
The presentation is available online on this website.
2006 Transportation Conference, Queenstown